Who I am...
Hi, I'm Carol! I'm an arts educator and teaching artist and I've spent over 50 years dedicating my life's work as an advocate for the importance of arts education in the lives of people across all ages. In that time, I have had the opportunity to serve in arts education and leadership positions on local, state, regional, national and international levels.
What I do...
As a consultant, I guide teachers, administrators, curriculum coordinators, after school programs, arts in education programs, arts councils, senior centers, libraries, - anyone designing, developing and evaluating arts programs for all ages!
Additionally, I have developed expertise as an educational puppeteer. I work with pre-service and in-service teachers, undergraduate and graduate students in Education, sharing strategies on how to integrate puppetry to enrich the language arts, social studies, health/nutrition/wellness, and science curricula in grades Pre-K-12.
- Barnard College, Columbia Univerity,Sociology, B.A.
- Teachers College, Columbia University, Fine Arts and Arts Education, M.A.
- New York Univerity, Education and Administration Professional Diploma
- Certified to teach Art & K-12 and eligible to serve as a School District Administrator and Principal in New York and New Jersey
Some of my accomplishments...
- I Conducted workshops throughout the US, and in many other countries, including: Australia, China, Germany, Great Britain, Israel, Japan, Spain, Thailand, India and Uganda.
- I was selected as a Fulbright Program Specialst and conducted arts education workshops in Uganda (2012), and India (2015).
- I received the Distinguished Service Award for Arts Education presented by the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C.,
- I served as President of UNIMA-USA, The American Center of the Union Internationale de la Marionette. Promoting international friendship and understanding through the art of puppetry.
- I was invited to The White House where I was recognized for my contribution to education reform efforts.
- I formerly served on the Jim Henson Foundation Boardand I am continuing to serve as a consultant.
- I served as a Former Board Member of the Puppetry Guild of Greater New York.